Wednesday, July 15, 2009

medical clinics




The past week has been crazy, sorry about the lack of updates! Here is what has been going on...

1. Groups have been coming. We've had 150 people go through the mission this week so I have been help running stuff for them. It is the most people I have ever seen here!
2. Still helping take care of the babies, they have gained two pounds since I came. They are wonderful :)
3. Working in the med clinic. Has been the hardest part of my trip so far. We lost a little 7 year old boy two days ago and it has been extremely rough. Please be praying for his family.
4. Working in the "pharmacy." I'm learning more about prescribing medicine than I could've ever imagined.
5. Mobile med clinics. We have traveled around Haiti taking all the clinic stuff with us and giving free exams, we have seen about 300 patients that way this week. Yesterday I helped granulate a bacterial infection on a two year old little girl that had eaten to the bone. 
6. "Summer camp" for the orphanage is this week. Today was soccer!
7. Working on the new school christian curriculum that will go out to all the christian schools in Haiti. Such a big deal! And will reach 400,000 kids.
8. After dinner at 6, nothing goes on because it's already dark. So I spend that time reading and watching the incredible stars here. It is a good time to soak and relax. We also rock the card games. I fall asleep around 9:00 and wake up by 7 when the sun comes up. My sleep schedule is shot for school!

So overall, things are crazy. God is working here in every aspect. Life is good.

Today I am thankful for...
1. Citron Juice. (limes + vanilla + sugar + water)= SO GOOD
2. Babies staying healthy
3. Assurance that there is a plan, even when I can't figure it out.
4. E-mails from home.

peace, love, and being busy.

alex

4 comments:

  1. Wow Alex, you are one amazing young lady!! God went above and beyond when he created you!! Keep up the good work, sounds wonderful. Oh, and by the way, do u ever take a bad picture?! You make me sick - haha! Best of luck to you in all that you do and just remember, God is working through YOU!!!!

    Leah Friesen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex - What you are doing in Haiti is beyond amazing! I check up on you frequently just to see how things are going down there and figured I would say hi this time. I hope things keep going well and God keeps doing amazing things thru you in Haiti! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and please have a safe trip home!

    - little r

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom says you look good in scrubs:) YAY for babies gaining weight!


    Miss you!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl! we miss you like crazy! be safe and keep lovin' on those kids! you are SO special!........you know that right.......Love you so much!

    heather

    ReplyDelete